Followers

01 September 2011

Stitch A-Longs

I love Stitch A-Longs, aka SALs. I love the community feeling one gets of stitching together with a group of stitchers online yet at the same time, it's all on my own time, at my own pace. No pressure. I find that very motivating.
For the month of August, I've participated in three SALs. First is the Mirabilia & Nora SAL over at Love 4 Stitching from 16th to 20th every month. Some of you might remember that I started Garden Verses back in September 2010. With this SAL, I finally finished her yellow dress.
Next, I signed up for iStitch's Mystery SAL organized by Carol R. Here's the first part. As you can see, I'm stitching it with Vikki's Examplar Black Iris. It's a lovely, subtly variegated black/maroon in real life which unfortunately the photo doesn't really show. The fabric I'm using is Vikki's 32 count linen in Jackalope.
I'm actually late in this SAL as I went to Phuket, Thailand for a three day vacation last week and couldn't complete it in time. Hopefully I'll receive the next part from Carol soon after I send her the picture.
Last but not least is Romantique Sampler again.
Part 15 was finished ages ago. I'm late as usual with the update.
I just put in the last stitch for Part 17 earlier today. At least for once I'm prompt :)
It's really coming along beautifully if I do say so myself.
Hard to believe this SAL is nearing an end. Two more installments. I doubt I'd have gotten this far with this design had it not been an SAL. What about you? What are your thoughts on SALs?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow They look amazing. The stitches look just awesome. But I bet she isn't going to be as beautiful to me as you always be =D.

Anna van Schurman said...

Romantique is beautiful. There. Now I've said it too. :)

Joysze said...

Pretty, pretty all of them, Veronica. :)

Christine S said...

Wow, everything looks amazing!! I really like your Garden Verses and the Romantique Sampler.

Measi said...

I love SAL's, provided that they're flexible ones that take different stitching speeds into consideration. I'm running a year-long one next year via my blog called the WIPocalypse - come join us!

Andie said...

Love your pieces! :D I like sals too, as long as there is no pressure :D

DJ said...

Oh Veronica! Your stitching is amazing!!! I love the color choices for the Sampler Romantique and the I-stitch piece...I'll keep checking back on your progress. I agree,it's great to follow other people stitching the same thing you are! *Hugs*

Pumpkin said...

I am in awe of all your SALs! Such incredible stitching you do :o)