Followers

06 September 2011

Coffee or Tea?

Which do you prefer? Me, I like both equally. So it comes as no surprise that I fell in love with Little House Needleworks' Coffee and Tea series. Last weekend, I decided to pick up Herbal Tea.
Took me about five days to finish it.
Design: Herbal Tea
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Fabric: Zweigart's Vintage Country Mocha (Marbled) 32 count Belfast linen
Fibers: Crescent Colours Belle Soie
All three of the tea series are finally done.
The Coffee and Tea series has been an ongoing WiP spanning four years. Can you believe that? If you look closely, you'll see that I finished Cappuccino in 2008! I'm glad to finally have all of them done.
I normally don't make plans when it comes to stitching but I really want to have more finishes before the year is out. Sometime last month, I made a schedule for the remaining months. Here it is in table form. I hope it makes sense. What do you think
Dates September October November December
1st - 3rd Little House Needleworks - Herbal Tea Shepherd's Bush - She Tends (Block 2) Shepherd's Bush - She Tends (Block 3) Shepherd's Bush - She Tends (Block 4)
6th - 8th Drawn Thread - Spot of Autumn Drawn Thread - Spot of Winter - -
11th - 15th Angie Designs - Romantique Sampler (SAL) Angie Designs - Romantique Sampler (SAL) Little House Needleworks - Little House Neighbourhood Little House Needleworks - Little House Neighbourhood
16th - 20th Mirabilia - Garden Verses (SAL) Mirabilia - Garden Verses (SAL) Mirabilia - Garden Verses (SAL) Mirabilia - Garden Verses (SAL)
21th - 25th Passione Ricamo - Romantic Stitcher (SAL) Passione Ricamo - Romantic Stitcher (SAL) Passione Ricamo - Romantic Stitcher (SAL) Passione Ricamo - Romantic Stitcher (SAL)
26th - 30th Papillon Creations - Love With A Capital L Papillon Creations - Love With A Capital L Papillon Creations - Love With A Capital L Papillon Creations - Love With A Capital L
On the dates not listed, I figured I'll stitch on whatever captures my fancy or work on those that I couldn't finish in time. As for iStitch's Mystery SAL, I'll stitch it when new parts are released. I should be able to finish it in between stitching other projects as the parts are pretty small.
So far, it's been successful. Hence Herbal Tea's finish. Guess we'll see how well I'm able to keep that up. Wish me luck :)
By the way, have you heard of Measi's 2012 WiPocalypse? It's an ongoing SAL for the entire year 2012. I mentioned how much I love SALs in my last post and seeing it, Measi suggested I join hers. I'm so in! Do check it out. There are no obligations, just fun. I'll post my list later depending on how many WiPs I can get done by the end of the year. Hope to see you there too.
Happy Stitching!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Baby... that will look amazing.. I can't Wait to see it =) in real life that is!

Mouse said...

oooooooooooooooooooo tea charts .. not seen those ones ,..... where have I been hahaha .. love your work program and I hope it works wishing you luck :) love mouse xxxxx

blueladie said...

Veronica, Great stitching on your tea pieces (coffee too). I love the way you put them all on one piece of fabby. WOW! What goals you have. Hope you Succeed. :) Cathryn

DJ said...

Wow, Veronica, you are an ambitious lady!! Not to mention organized, I should try this approach!! I'm thinking about joining you in the WIPocalypse...but trying to think carefully as I don't want to bite off more than I can chew! Good luck to you though! *Hugs*

Anne said...

Those tea designs are adorable!! LOVE THEM! And the coffee ones too...I'm more of a coffee addict but I can't go a day without one of my specialty teas. Good luck with your plans. Wow you are organized!!

Siobhán said...

How adorable!! That is such a cute series.

Milly~ said...

All very lovely! I did the model stitching on all these pieces and had so much fun with them. Congrats!

Wolfie said...

Hi Veronica, I just had to comment...you are AMAZINGLY talented! I have had a look at your blog, and I am amazed at the things you do. How you have time for everything you do! I am jealous and inspired...I soo want to make things for my friends and family for their special days, but always remember the dates too late...keep up the wonderful work!

Shelley said...

Your tea and coffee series look awesome!!

Good luck with that stitching schedule :)

Giovanna said...

Congrats on finishing the series!! Seriously pretty, well done :-)

Joysze said...

Coffee for me, definitely, although I do love a good teh tarik. :)

Your stitching plans for the rest of the year looks great and the coffee and tea WIPs are lovely. Whatcha gonna do with them when they're done?

Angie said...

hope your stitching plans work out that way. Love the tea and coffee series. It is on my wishlist already. Curious how you are going to finish them?

MaryT said...

Love them all how will you finish them?
Mary Louise in IN

Sally said...

Hi Veronica, Love the coffee and tea series! Awesome work... so so pretty;)

Meari said...

I prefer tea. You've got quite the schedule going on there! Good luck :)